Kenneth Alibek made the round trip Russia to US to Kazakhstan

September 5, 2014

In October 1992 he emigrated with his family to the US, despite being forbidden to do so by the KGB.[3]


Kenneth Alibek is back in Kazakhstan.

Alibek has two linkedln profiles. One is current based on back in Kazakhstan.

One says he is in DC, but is stale.


The FBI lab concluded that 1.4% of the powder in the Leahy letter was silicon. Stuart Jacobson, a small-particle chemistry expert stated that:

“This is a shockingly high proportion [of silicon]. It is a number one would expect from the deliberate weaponization of anthrax, but not from any conceivable accidental contamination.”[91]

Scientists at the Lawrence Livermore National Labs conducted experiments in an attempt to determine if the amount of silicon in the growth medium was the controlling factor which caused silicon to accumulate inside a spore’s natural coat. The Livermore scientists tried 56 different experiments, adding increasingly high amounts of silicon to the media. All of their results were far below the 1.4% level of the attack anthrax, some as low as .001%. The conclusion was that something other than the level of silicon controlled how much silicon was absorbed by the spores.[91][92]

==end excerpt

There is more on silicon at the link. Basically, the US government does not have the know-how to replicate the high silicon content of some of the recovered sample(s).  The only country with more know-how on anthrax is Russia.  The person who headed their program is Alibek. He is now back in Russia.

The AMI letter(s) had to be before the second batch of letters were sent.  


The anthrax attacks came in two waves. The first set of anthraxletters had a Trenton, New Jersey postmark dated September 18, 2001. Five letters are believed to have been mailed at this time to: ABC News, CBS News, NBC News and the New York Post, all located in New York City and to the National Enquirer atAmerican Media, Inc. (AMI) in Boca Raton, Florida. [16] Robert Stevens, the first person who died from the mailings, worked at a tabloid called Sun, also published by AMI, died on October 5, 2001, four days after entering a Florida hospital with an undiagnosed illness that caused him to vomit and be short of breath.[17][18] Only the New York Post and NBC Newsletters were found;[19] the existence of the other three letters is inferred because individuals at ABC, CBS and AMI became infected with anthrax. Scientists examining the anthrax from the New York Post letter said it appeared as a coarse brown granular material looking like Purina Dog Chow.[20]

Two more anthrax letters, bearing the same Trenton postmark, were dated October 9, three weeks after the first mailing. The letters were addressed to two Democratic Senators, Tom Daschle of South Dakota and Patrick Leahy of Vermont. At the time, Daschle was the Senate Majority leader and Leahy was head of the Senate Judiciary Committee. The Daschle letter was opened by an aide, Grant Leslie, on October 15, and the government mail service was shut down. The unopened Leahy letter was discovered in an impounded mail bag on November 16. The Leahy letter had been misdirected to the State Department mail annex in Sterling, Virginia, due to a misread ZIP code; a postal worker there, David Hose, contracted inhalational anthrax.

More potent than the first anthrax letters, the material in the Senate letters was a highly refined dry powder consisting of about one gram of nearly pure spores. A series of conflicting news reports appeared, some claiming the powders had been “weaponized” with silica. Bioweapons experts who later viewed images of the attack anthrax saw no indication of “weaponization”.[21] Tests by Sandia National Laboratories in early 2002 confirmed that the attack powders were not weaponized.[22][23]

==end excerpt

AMI building was closed until 2007. NBC, CBS,  and New York Post buildings were never closed.  The Senate buildings and AMI were closed for extended periods.  Thus the AMI had to be subjected to high quality anthrax not just Purina dog chow quality.

This creates some problems for the Ivins theory.

Suppose Ivins had started growing the first letter anthrax on Friday September 14, 2001 in the evening. He then centrifuged it on Saturday night and spread it out to dry on paper towels.  Then on Sunday night he put the letters together and mailed them Monday night.  Suppose that this drying plus any speed vacing or heating led to Purina dog chow quality.  In that case, the AMI building would not have been needed to be closed for an extended period like the Senate building.


Dozens of buildings were contaminated with anthrax as a result of the mailings. AMI moved to a different building. The decontamination of the Brentwood postal facility took 26 months and cost $130 million. The Hamilton, New Jersey postal facility[180] remained closed until March 2005; its cleanup cost $65 million. TheUnited States Environmental Protection Agency spent $41.7 million to clean up government buildings in Washington, D.C. One FBI document said the total damage exceeded $1 billion.[181]

The principal means of decontamination is fumigation with chlorine dioxide gas.

== end excerpt


Former AMI building declared free of anthrax contamination

By Gretel Sarmiento, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Thursday, February 08, 2007

WEST PALM BEACH — Federal environmental experts have concluded that the former American Media Inc. building in Boca Raton has been cleared of the anthrax spores that killed a photo editor more than five years ago and shuttered the tabloid publisher’s headquarters.

The 160-page report was sent to Dr. Jean Malecki, director of the Palm Beach County Health Department. She will review it and decide by next week whether the building, which she ordered closed on Oct. 10, 2001, can reopen.

Malecki did not indicate Wednesday what her decision would be, but her reaction after getting the positive assessment was clear.

“It was a relief,” she said. “It’s been five years of my life. But it will be over soon, I guarantee it.”

The report’s conclusion: “In summary, based in the information available, the technical working group concludes that the measures used to treat and remove B. anthracis at the former AMI building at 5401 Broken Sound Blvd. were successful.

“The technical working group believes that the building can be safely reoccupied, normal working activities resumed, and building contents reused.”

== end excerpt

So the AMI building had to be subjected to high quality anthrax powder not Purina dog chow. CBS, NBC were never closed.

The person at AMI was already dead before the second letters were sent. Those also tie to a certain period of time of Ivins in the hot suite. So Ivins did not have the opportunity at another time to send the high quality AMI letter(s) or however anthrax arrived at AMI.

The hours of Ivins in the B3 Suite preclude him having done a high quality mailing prior to the second batch, and so Ivins is ruled out. Someone had to send a high quality letter(s) or delivery means to AMI to kill the first person October 5, 2001, 4 days before the second letters were sent.

The AMI letter must have been dried using a lyophilizer.  It could not be turned into high quality powder by simply letting it dry on a paper towel or heating it crudely.  Ivins did not have access to a lyophilizer into the hot suites at any relevant time.  Thus Ivins could not have sent the AMI letter(s) if it was letters or delivered it by some other means.  

Ivins did not have a lyophilizer for the second batch either, and so that is also outside his means.  The second batch at a minimum was a lyophilized.

It would appear the CBS, NBC, Post letters may have been done by letting the anthrax dry after centrifuging or some other ad hoc method that did not include a lyophiilizer.  Ivins never had access to a working lyophilizer in the B3 Suite.  The Purina dog chow anthrax is what you get without using a lyophilizer.  The Senate anthrax and AMI required at least a lyophilizer to dry them.  So Ivins is out.

It seems likely that there were 2 mailers. The first may have been 9/11 hijacker types or others linked to them. They sent the Purina Dog Chow quality anthrax.  

Another group sent the high quality including the high silicon.  That would appear to be either Russia or some group receiving aid from Russia directly or through a front group. That could be from a Russian private security company like Mangust or Mongoose. Alexander Zyurikov of Mongoose has a career that overlaps with Kenneth Alibek in Soviet Central Asis during the USSR.  

Russia could have sent the high silicon anthrax to send a message that only they could do that. They had the motive to tell the US not to pressure them, because they could do terrorism through front groups. Boston bombing, MH370 and MH17 follow that same MO.  Possibly the same for the killing of Boris Berezovsky and possibly others in 2013.

Alexander S. Zyurikov
Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board, Director for Security Born in 1951.

Graduated from Omsk Higher School under the USSR Ministry of Internal Affairs,
Academy of Management under the USSR Ministry of Internal Affairs. Worked in detective force of law enforcement agencies in the Novosibirsk region, Uzbekistan, USSR/ Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs. Headed a branch directorate of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Since 1997 €“ General Director of OOO Mongoose-Service (private security firm).


Alibek Wiki


Youth and early career[edit]

Kenneth Alibek was born Kanat Alibekov in Kauchuk, in the Kazakh SSR of the Soviet Union (in present day Kazakhstan) to a Kazakh family and grew up in Almaty, the republic’s former capital.

His exceptional academic performance while studying military medicine at the Tomsk Medical Institute and his family’s noted patriotism led to his selection to work for Biopreparat, the secret biological weapons program overseen by the Soviet Union’s Council of Ministers. His first assignment (1975) was to the Eastern European Branch of the Institute of Applied Biochemistry (IAB) near Omutninsk, a combined pesticide production facility and reserve biological weapons production plant intended for activation in a time of war. At Omutninsk, Alibekov mastered the art and science of formulating and evaluating nutrient media and cultivation conditions for the optimization of microbial growth. It was here that he expanded his medical school laboratory skills into the complex skill set required for industrial level production of microorganisms and their toxins.[2]

After less than a year at Omutninsk, Alibekov was transferred to the Siberian Branch of the IAB near Berdsk (another name of the branch was the Berdsk scientific and production base). With the assistance of a colleague, he designed and constructed a microbiology research and development laboratory that worked on techniques to optimize production of biological formulations. After several promotions over a short period of time, Alibekov was transferred back to Omutninsk where he quickly rose to the position of Deputy Director. He was soon transferred to the Kazakhstan Scientific and Production Base in Stepnogorsk (another reserve BW facility) to become the new Director of that facility. Officially, he was Deputy Director of the Progress Scientific and Production Association, a manufacturer of fertilizer and pesticide. AtStepnogorsk, Alibekov created the most efficient industrial scale assembly line for biological formulations. In a time of war, the assembly line could be used to produce weaponized anthrax. Continued successes in science and biotechnology led to more promotions which resulted in a transfer to Moscow.[3]


Mangust or Mongoose now operates from Kazakhstan among other places in Russia and Central Asia including Uzbekistan.  So it may be that Mangust aka Mongoose Zyurikov and Alibek were responsible for the high quality anthrax attacks possibly through al Qaeda front groups.  This would be similar to the Boston Bombing being manipulated through front groups by Mangust or Russian FSB/SVR.


Russia wanted to send a signal with the high percentage silicon that they were ultimately behind the anthrax mailings through front groups or however.  This was meant to say to the US not to exploit the situation after 9/11 against Russia’s interest.  

After the Boston Bombing, Putin brought up Anatoly Chubais to implicate Shleifer as a CIA agent. Russia blamed the Moscow Apartment bombings in 1999 on the CIA as well as arranging the killing of Dudayev to be on a day Bill Ciinton was in Russia while he was president.  Strobe Talbott wrote in his book before Boston Bombing that Clinton congratulated Yeltsin on the kill.

The high level silicon and high quality powder and Alibek going back to Kazakhstan are consistent with Russia being behind the anthrax attacks directly or indirectly.  

Alibek sort of defected to the US, then returned to Kazakhstan. Alibek revealed the extent of Russia’s anthrax program. Russia did not kill him like it did Alexander Litvinenko even though Alibek returned to Kazakhstan after revealing state secrets.  

It has been suggested that Russia sent Alibek to reveal its anthrax program in the 1990s to tell the US not to take advantage of the fall of the USSR.  Alibek sent the message, “We have this anthrax.” The mailings with high silicon said Russia has this anthrax and it is willing to use it on the US Senate.

It is known the US won’t release the Senate report on Saudi Arabia and Pakistan in the 9/11 attacks.  The US government is thus known to conceal information about foreign governments participating in or assisting in attacks on the United States or Americans.

It is possible that parts of the US government think Russia was responsible for the anthrax attacks or part of them, directly or indirectly.  Following the same protocol as for Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, the US could then withhold information it has on the involvement of Russia (or Pakistan as well with front groups or Saudi Arabia) in the anthrax attacks.

This is draft and preliminary. The above is hypotheses and speculation. Comments and corrections welcome. Please restate as questions. All other disclaimers apply.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: