One would think the CIA has files on everything the Russians accuse them of. This is not just to counter it, but as clues to what Russia is up to. Russia has accused the CIA of a lot of things linked to Russia or Chechnya.
- Putin accused Shleifer and Hay and implicitly Summers and Fischer of being CIA agents advising Anatoly Chubais before the Boston Bombing.
- Russia accused CIA of involvement in the apartment bombings in Russia in 1999 that were used to justify the harshness of the 2nd Chechen war.
- Russia tried to link the CIA to killing Dzhokhar Dudayev in 1996.
- In 2013, Russia linked the CIA to MH370 and MH17.
- in 2013, Russia linked CIA to the alleged Nazis in Ukraine who overthrew the Ukrainian government. (Evidence it was a Russian plot whatever the State Department thinks.)
- Linking CIA to JFK assassination.
Whatever the Russians are trying to link the CIA to should not be blown off as a stupid joke. It should be tracked and linked to what they are doing. It also helps show what they planned in advance. The Russians plan things with the idea of blaming them on the CIA.
In the case of the Boston Bombing of April 2013, the Russians may have known of the drill being done in advance. They may have hoped that the CIA would be blamed for the bombing by some. They also may be behind some rumors of it. This assumes the FSB planted the plan through Moslem front groups with Tsarnaev.
If the CIA and NSA do track what Russia links the CIA to, they should have been tracking Shleifer, Chechens, the Harvard and MIT economics departments, Berezovsky, etc. prior to the Boston Bombings. How did they lose track of that?
How did they ignore a Russian warning about a Chechen in Boston near the Harvard and MIT profs including near the home of Larry Summers in the gym they used. Doesn’t make sense they didn’t keep track of that before the Boston Bombing especially after the resignation of Stanley Fischer a week after I sent an email to MIT asking them to invesetigate Fischer, Summers, and Russia and IMF loans.
Then Berezovsky died in March 2013. That should have led to a very intensive monitoring. Russia had been blaming things on these guys since the 1990s, so to drop attention from them after a warning about Tamerlan Tsarnaev who was near Summers, Shleifer, Harvard, MIT makes no sense. Also Harvard Business School was close to the gym Tsarnaev used. That should also have been an indicator to track the Tsarnaevs.
There should be a tree of accusations by Russia against CIA and everything that links to. This should have linked to Chechens in Boston and Harvard, MIT econ dept and HBS and to the Tsarnaevs who were near it after Russia’s warning.
This is draft and preliminary. The above is hypotheses and speculation. Comments and corrections welcome. Please restate as questions. All other disclaimers apply.