Rob Sanchez at Vdare points out that there was little about immigration, except for a question about health care coverage for the “undocumented.” Sanchez provides two links on the transcript: [One,Two]
Why isn’t everyone covered? Why do they have to be in the U.S.? Border Bigotry.
Questions were likely filtered out on the following bases:
1) Question had too much fact information that reporters don’t bother to learn.
2) Question has too much theory, and any amount is too much, for reporters to learn.
3) Question would interfere with Anderson Cooper’s speaking fee prospects, e.g. a question about immigration.
4) Question would interfere with fund raising by the candidates, e.g. about immigration.
5) Question would interfere with prospects of Democratic candidates in the general election phase, e.g. about immigration.
6) Question would remind viewers of all those phone calls by the tiny minority of bigots that stopped the Senate Amnesty Bill.
7) Question would otherwise be disrespectful of the establishment.
The Democrat Debate can be summarized as follows:
- There is no moral hazard in government benefits or hand out programs.
- Morality is not affected by government handouts.
- People don’t cheat to take advantage of the government, except when they work at a company.
- Schools, markets, outcomes, etc. are not affected by the people, but are either mysteriously not working or made to fail by big baddies.
- Only Democrats can save you from the big bad baddies.
- The sum of the costs need not be bounded by available income.
- Who the people are never matters, not in the past, not in the present, not in the future. All that matters is that the right Democrat is in power.
- There have never been bad side affects to Democrat Programs in the past.
- The only problem is not enough of Democrat Programs.
- With enough mandates, “good intentions”, affirmative action, immigration, set-asides, quotas, welfare, ER mandates, criminal statutes, taxes, etc. we can finally overcome.
- This is not a world of cause and effect that channels through incentives and individual human behavior. The only incentive people need is a government mandated benefit.
- Government is the low cost method to achieve all outcomes. This is because government has no cost.