By Bonnie Malkin, Bruno Waterfield and Toby Helm. “His comments come as the Telegraph delivered a petition of more than 108,000 signatures to Downing Street demanding a national referendum on the EU Reform Treaty.”
People should petition the Queen to reject the treaty and if necessary dissolve Parliament. Labour is a minority party that jilted over an election they knew they would use to those opposed to EU. EU is giving up sovereignty without the people supporting it. That is against any sense of Constitution.
Its a violation of Magna Carta and other English law for the Queen to allow a government without a majority of the people to give up sovereignty and surrender the realm to a foreign power. The Queen has an obligation under British law and Magna Carta and other documents to not assent to the treaty and to terminate the Prime Minister and appoint another.
It is now the job of the people to petition the Queen to do this. England expects that every man will do his duty. Now is the time for every good Englishman to come to the aid of his country.
The British people, aka US Census Code 11, need to start writing, faxing, and calling the Palace asking the Queen to stop the EU. Let those for EU also call and petition. Let us see how many call for EU and how many against. Also call all 3 parties, even Labor, your MP, someone in the House of Lords, and the newspapers and BBC to tell them you want the Queen to stop the EU whatever it takes until the British people vote on it.
==Added 8:14 PM Petition info here:
From Brits at Their Best.
Also on Deborah Kerr:
Rights still in force today
For modern times, the most enduring legacy of the Magna Carta is considered the right of Habeas Corpus. This right arises from what we now call Clauses 36, 38, 39, and 40 of the 1215 Magna Carta.
The impact of the Magna Carta worldwide is great in its influence, for example on US and Commonwealth law. The following material refers to UK law and stands apart from a broader appreciation of the wider impact of the Magna Carta.
Three clauses of the 1297 version of Magna Carta still remain in legal force in England and Wales. Clause 1 guarantees the freedom of the English Church. Although this originally meant freedom from the King, later in history it was used for different purposes (see below). Clause 9 guarantees the “ancient liberties” of the city of London. Clause 29 guarantees a right to due process.
- I. FIRST, We have granted to God, and by this our present Charter have confirmed, for Us and our Heirs for ever, that the Church of England shall be free, and shall have all her whole Rights and Liberties inviolable. We have granted also, and given to all the Freemen of our Realm, for Us and our Heirs for ever, these Liberties under-written, to have and to hold to them and their Heirs, of Us and our Heirs for ever.
- IX. THE City of London shall have all the old Liberties and Customs which it hath been used to have. Moreover We will and grant, that all other Cities, Boroughs, Towns, and the Barons of the Five Ports, and all other Ports, shall have all their Liberties and free Customs.
- XXIX. NO Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor condemn him, but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the Land. We will sell to no man, we will not deny or defer to any man either Justice or Right.
The repeal of clause 26 in 1829 (by 9 Geo. 4 c. 31 s. 1) was the first time a clause of Magna Carta was repealed. With the document’s perceived protected status broken, in one hundred and fifty years nearly the whole charter was repealed, leaving just Clauses 1, 9, and 29 still in force after 1969. Most of it was repealed in England and Wales by the Statute Law Revision Act 1863, and in Ireland by the Statute Law (Ireland) Revision Act 1872.
Only a tiny bit of freedom left from Magna Carta. Time to stop Gordon Brown taking the last. EU is a violation of all 3 of these rights under Magna Carta. Its time for the British people to be heard. Fax, write, and call the Palace, all of the parties, and everyone else.
Contact your MP, you can look them up:
Other Contact Links
- Contacting your MP
- Contacting a Lord
- Contacting the Judicial Office
- Contacting the Archives
- Contacting the government
- Contacting political parties
In the US, if you are British as in US Census Code 011 British, or British in spirit, all the rest, you can contact the British embassy as well.
And to save America, Fax Congress.
In Australia, vote John Howard.
Find your Canadian Member of Parliament using your postal code.
Citizenship Australia, Canada, New Zeeland, United Kingdom, United States, etc. Nationality 011 British at least in spirit.